Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sunday's Snowy Day Fun!

I put together the moss terrarium the husband got me for Christmas! It was pretty simple to put together, now if I can keep it alive! I want to get tiny adorable things to put in, like these plastic deer Michael's had over the holidays. I hope to find them again. I also want more terrariums, I'm asking for a book for Christmas!

We got over a foot of snow (and the roads have been just horrendous since Saturday), I got to go for a REAL snowshoe trek! Ugh it was awesome and my heart hurt with the workout only 20 minutes in. Maybe I should go for a walk right now! 
This picture is on a two foot mound by a road, so much float!
The wondrously snowy residential area I walked around in my snowshoes. How I long to be closer to some wooded paths or have a car to take me to the one just a mile away. I would walk but I'm to out of shape to get there in the snow and then snowshoe.
Husband building a camera! I got him a kit for Chrismtas (konstructor), an SLR 35mm camera. Of course I bought film for it, too. But, he hasn't used the camera yet. I think he's waiting for a special time to start using it. It took about 2 hours, I'm so impressed!
All built! And decorated, it came with an array of faux-leather stickers.
I'm not sure what it's called, but it's the type of camera where you look down at a view finder to see the image you take a picture of. Like the antique camera necklace piece my brother got me for Christmas!

Husband called in yesterday for a personal day so he wouldn't have to drive on roads with a foot of snow on them. He had to go in today, though, and things aren't better! The roads are completely covered in ice. Not the only thing, either. Our pipes are frozen! The kitchen trickles cold, the bathroom sink is hot, and we've got nothing for the toilet or shower! I've been trickling water from the kitchen and bathroom sink in all sorts of vases and pitchers to fill the toilet's tank. Husband will buy gallons of water on his way home. Hope the pipes thaw soon! Don't want to go long like this. At least we have power, heat, and the ability to cook!

No comments: