Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cross Stitching

I began cross stitching! I got such a fun, modern book Storyland Cross Stitching

Here's my first project I made! And, Luna trying to sleep on it so I couldn't finish it. Aw, what a cutie and a sweetie!
The finished product! Originally the pattern showed the top triangles, and then they framed the fox in at an angle, so the whole thing was in the shape of a triangle (becaue it's meant to be a triangular pin cushion). I just reversed the order and direction and put a border on the bottom as well. Then through trial and error I made up side borders! A bit of cross stitch and back stitch! For my first project I'm a bit proud!
Then, I began making some fun little things that are shown in the book to be made into buttons. Love the fabric color I chose!
I love all four designs! Not sure what I'll do with them, but I'm making progress and having fun!
Stag, Key, Bird, Crown

No comments: